K5 Editor for Mac OS X?
Glen Darcey
2008-08-05 20:45:11 UTC
Anyone have a favorite editor for the K5?
I have the beta (and last) version of Soundiver but it only does librarian.
I have Sound Quest which has an editor but it's not great. I'm going to try to modify it a bit.

other options?

------------------------------------
Antoine Deschênes
2008-08-05 22:27:03 UTC
The only other options known :
- Use Boot Camp to install Windows and run the Atari emulator "STeem"
on it. There are a couple of editors available.
- Use Windows on Parallels to do the same thing.
- Find an old PC with an MPU-401-compatible MIDI interface (Joystick
ports on many ISA soundcards and onboard audio work) and use Syntonyx
Overtone.
- Find an old Atari ST.
------------------------------------
Glen Darcey
2008-08-05 23:12:56 UTC
I wonder how an emulator in an emulator would work.
I was thinking about the old ST. I actually had two with hard drives at one time. I think I
had the Doctor T. editor for the K5 too back then. I ran all Dr. T. software in those days.
I think I'll stick with the SoundQuest editor and see about getting them to update it a bit.

thanks though.
Post by Glen Darcey
Anyone have a favorite editor for the K5?
I have the beta (and last) version of Soundiver but it only does librarian.
I have Sound Quest which has an editor but it's not great. I'm going to try to modify it
a bit.
Post by Antoine Deschênes
Post by Glen Darcey
other options?
------------------------------------
david etheridge
2008-08-07 14:59:40 UTC
Hi Glenn,
you might want to look here for Atari editors:

The K5 Pro editor is particularly good on graphics and editing, which
might be of interest to you, or anyone else with an Atari handy.
Me, I don't use anything else for MIDI work these days.
If it ain't broke.....

Best wishes,

David.
Tommy Priakos
2008-08-07 20:41:52 UTC
I have NoiZe 3.21
I believe they're still in business.
http://www.terzoid.com/noize/index.php
When you purchase it you should tell them you want the K5 editor. See the attached for an example of one patch.

I don't believe it's available for Macs, however.

Tommy